Each custom stretched canvas begins with a 12-colour Giclée print, produced from a choice of substrates. We then make a custom wooden frame from European knotless pine, and stretch the canvas print over it. The canvas is then hand finished ensuring each corner fold is perfectly smooth and tight.
Each canvas frame is milled with a curved profile; minimising contact with the face of the canvas; preventing unsightly impression marks and surface cracking.
We use finger jointed canvas frames to create corner tension which helps to resist warping. For larger sizes, we add wooden ‘wedges’ to each corner; ensuring the canvas surface remains taut and allowing for easy re-stretching in future years.
- Giclée print, using water-based inks
- Stretched over 38mm European kiln-dried knotless pine stretcher bars
- Tensioning wedges, and finger joints.
- 400gsm Cotton canvas Substrate
- White Edge (Also known as a Museum Wrap)
- Black Edge
- Mirror Edge
Turn around time:
- 3-4 Working Days
- Rigid, corrugated cardboard boxes made from recycled materials